Welcome to the FIU at I-75 Student Life community! Through a partnership between the Biscayne Bay Campus & FIU at I-75 Student Government Association (SGA), a variety of programs, events, and services are available to students and the University community in the Broward area.
We encourage you to participate in the activities and events sponsored by Student Life/Broward SGA to enhance your academic experience. We also invite you to get involved with SGA by becoming an SGA Senator or helping in the planning of our events.
If you’d like to get involved with planning events, get in touch with Diana Arcentales, Program Manager, Campus Life at 954-438-8633 or at email@example.com.
Food and Vending
Our facility houses some
If you’re feeling hungry for something more filling, there are a number of restaurants just a few minutes away which include:
- Cheesecake Factory
- Tijuana Flats
- RA Sushi
- La Carreta
- Village Tavern
- Misha's Cupcakes
Food and drink are prohibited in classrooms, but feel free to enjoy your meal in the café area on the first floor or other select areas for eating.
Healthy Living Program
Healthy Living Program (HLP) at the Student Health Center offers a holistic approach to the patient-centered Medical Home model that encourages FIU students to engage in healthy lifestyle practices and become advocates of his or her health decisions. Trained staff is available for consultations on stress management, nutrition, sleep management, sexual health, and preventative/self-care issues.
Although these free services are based at either the Modesto A. Maidique and Biscayne Bay campuses, staff from the HLP attend a number of our student life events throughout the year.
The Panthers Care Program includes:
- Outreach aimed at educating members of the FIU community about how to identify a student in need of support
- Workshops for student groups aimed at encouraging care and support for each other and speaking up on behalf of those in need
- An easy way for anyone in our FIU community to anonymously share a concern about another student through an online reporting system
- Outreach to students who self-identify, or are identified by others, by providing appropriate referrals and resources to address their concerns
- A network of campus resources that are available to assist and support students